The Stanford Family

The Stanford Family

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27

**********

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirtier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."



Thursday, June 24, 2010

First Father's Day

Philip and I celebrated his first Father's Day this past Sunday with our baby girl, both of our own dads, and lots of our family! It was a beautiful day (albeit, a little on the hot side) as we had a poolside/backporch cookout complete with a delicious array of food and drinks! It's funny that just like Mother'sDay last month, Philp and I had no idea this time last year that we would be parents in 2010...funny how things change over a year! I am blessed to have an incredible dad who has always "shown me" what I should look for in a husband and father for my child. I am also blessed to have a wonderful father-in-law that raised a strong and loving son who has now become a father of his own.

And to to my loving and thoughtful husband...in everything that we are dealing with right now, you are working so hard and you are such a rock for our family. I love to watch you with Kinsley, to see how in love you are with your little girl...and how you constantly make me feel like I am the world's best mom to her. I look forward to many more Father's Days in the future with you as we celebrate our family...I love you.

Grabbing a quick family photo in the kitchen!

Kinsley and her daddy.

Me and my dad.

Phil and his dad getting ready to grill it up!

Kinsley hangin' out with the boys.

Kinsley and her grandma's.

The pups...pre-swim and hanging out in front of the fan.

With my awesome sister-in-law's by the pool.

Kinsley by the end of the day...exhausted. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment