The Stanford Family

The Stanford Family

"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him." 1 Samuel 1:27

**********

"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bank balance smaller, home happier, clothes dirtier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."



Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ped Appt Update

So, since my previous blog where I mentioned that we had a so-so check-up at the pediatrician, we have had some good news! We went for a re-check on Friday where Kinsley had gained 5 oz in 3 days on the new formula, and her jaundice levels went from 12 to 7! Then, at our appt this morning, more good news: our baby girl now weighs a whopping 6 lbs 12.8 oz, is now 19.5" long (2" since birth), and the jaundice is GONE!!! Such good news considering that her lowest weight after birth was 4 lbs 11 oz. Our baby girl is growing! We are now sticking with a dual formula / breastmilk diet that seems to be working! This was also big for me today as this was my first time venturing out alone with her. I definitely drove a little slower than normal. And lucky for me, she really likes being in the car! I am so ready to take her places other than the doctor's office - just a few more weeks until we can go shopping and out to eat around large crowds. She hits her 6-week mark on Thursday and we are both going to the OB to visit Dr. Marshall (who delivered her) for my 6-week post-partum check-up. Hopefully, I get the go ahead to begin being active again since I feel like I am recovering well from my c-section! And yes, Thursday also means I am halfway through maternity leave. :-( Time flies...

No comments:

Post a Comment